Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Even Me Easter: Introductory Lists

Things Lost:
Knife
Tolerance for Techno Music
One Innocent dog's life


Things Maintained:
Reasons to NOT do acid
Awesome sense of humor
Belief that Americans should drink coffee

Things Gained:
More reasons to NOT do acid
Complete understanding of Rugby (Aussie vs English rules)
Schistosmasis
Windsurfing Skillzzzz

Main Characters:
Iwe Pack
Shumba
Kelvin
Jabba the Hut
Twaambo
Stuck on Dreds
Kimmo
A-Zor
Friendly Giant
Lifestyle
Ruth the Mormon
ZamNan
Headaches
Dr. Fire

Hitchin Guidelines
If you get a ride from:
A British Dude - prepare to get drunk
A Zambian Dude - prepare to flatter them with compliments concerning nshima and weather
A White Farmer - prepare for racist comments
A South African - prepare to laugh at every pause since that will be the only time you understand any of the conversation

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man sounds like you had an Easter to remember. I'm glad you made it back. You are testing your old mans preaching about "don't worry". I'm still all about enjoying life, reckless abandon etc. but when my baby takes a tent, knife and goes alone out into the wilderness of africa alone, let's just say I had a few "uncle Ron moments." I was thinking about you this morning and put Tracy Chapman's "Talkin Bout a Revolution" on my Facebook. You are my little revolutionary and I'm proud of you. Be safe. But keep fighting injustice. Viva La Revolucion Britters! Dadddy