Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last Week of Training

This past week we have been busy finishing up language classes and technical training. This next week we have to pass final tests- im most excited about technical presentation. I plan on impersonating Fraser, Brother Mizhi and Ba Charles...our teachers. should be fun. On Wednesday the 24th we are bringing all of the families that have been hosting us together to cook an American meal and to exchange gifts. I already know my old man has been building me a chair and another grinding wooden thing that is used to make peanut butter, my favorite!!
Then on Thursday we move out and prepare for swear-in on Friday. Me and Carroll-Anne are getting traditional skirts tailored and it should be an ok time of feeling awkward at the ambassador's place. I have to give a speech in Tonga on Wednesday in front of the group so I gotta practice that too.
Older volunteers that are returning to America held an auction of all of their stuff. I got an Oxford dictionary/thesaurus for a hug, a washcloth for a high-five and a beach boys tape by giving my intimidating mean mug face.
Make sure to check out my new address posted, its in Southern Province. I can still get stuff at the Lusaka office but I wont be back there until Jan. 12.
Hope everything is great back home. Enjoy electricity for me!
Peace Out,
Lweendo

2 comments:

Bonzai said...

Oh Brittany I just read your last blog and tears are pouring out of my eyes. Maybe it's because It's Saturday and I'm getting ready for Sunday or the touchy Dave Matthews song Courtney has blasting, but I'm feeling so emo. Oh how I wish i could be there to see you give your presentation, go through the swear in and receive a gift from the old man who taps his foot to your guitar pickin. I love YOU Lweendo! Dad

Mini-Me said...

12:35 AM minnesota time
As i sit in my dorm room, roommates sleeping, desk lamp is my only light. I check my email to discover the link to here...finally delievered to me by pops. So i start at the beginning of the blogs and read up to here, maybe not so much read as I laughed, cried, and laughed some more along the way. The story of our dinner party in May, brought back great memories and to read and visulize all that you have been experiencing is amazing my sister. I long to be with you but I am comforted by the work you are doing for the lord. things are great here, I am starting and doing well, mostly recently i caught a 5 yard pass, broke two tackles and then went for another 20 yards before two guys brought me down. they've started calling me freit-train. You are in my prayers and thoughts daily. Philippians 3:13-14. I love you, keep kickin AID's ass!
In His grip, Mini-me